Skip to content

How to Apply for a Non-Samford Program

How to Apply for a Non-Samford Program
Studying abroad with a non-Samford, third party provider can be a rewarding and life-changing experience. In order to ensure the orderly transfer of credits back to your academic records at Samford, please follow the following steps.
  1. Make sure you meet all the admission requirements and application deadlines of the education provider you will be studying with while away from Samford.
  2. Before you leave to study abroad, you must fill out the Study Abroad Transient Form (available under "Form Central" on the main website). In addition, if you plan to study for a full semester with a third party provider or through another university (either U.S. or foreign university), you will need to withdraw from the university for one semester. In order to do this, please fill out the Withdrawal Request from Samford  
  3. Upon your return, you must complete the Substitute Equivalency Form and have it signed by your advisor and all other necessary signatories (this can vary, depending on the type of credit you need). This form will allow the credit you earned at another institution to count for Samford University requirements.
  4. You must arrange to transfer your earned credits abroad back to Samford through either a US university of record or by having your grade report evaluated by an outside agency. We recommend that you have your coursework evaluated by WES (World Education Services) orIES (International Education Services, a service of the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO)). Please have the evaluation sent directly to Nancy Bales in the Office of Student Records.  
  5. Once you have completed the required forms and had your foreign credits evaluated (if necessary), please bring these forms to Nancy Bales in the Office of Student Records.